I have created this blog as an online promotion for a 'digital design' module I have. I study textile design at the University of Leeds. I am going to use this blog to collect photography, art, music and generally anything i find inspiring.
Take a look around and see what you think... and please let me know...

Tuesday 8 December 2009

Knitty Gritty

I feel like Ive nattered on about what I like and what inspires me but haven't shown much work for it... so here is a random assortment of recent knit work I have done...





This hand knit piece was part of a collection I produced experimenting with how to create surface pattern and depth on the surface without changing the colour of the yarn. I found mixing knit and purl on the same row worked really well especially if the yarn had a slight sheen in it.
here are a few more samples from this collection...





No comments:

Post a Comment