I have created this blog as an online promotion for a 'digital design' module I have. I study textile design at the University of Leeds. I am going to use this blog to collect photography, art, music and generally anything i find inspiring.
Take a look around and see what you think... and please let me know...

Thursday 3 December 2009

Take a seat...

Before coming to University I completed an Art Foundation course, and for my final project, I completed one of my favourite days out with my friends and went to a flea market. Where i found the most tatty old chair I have ever seen, riddled with woodworm, a ripped seat and scuffed to the bone... it had 'TAKE ME HOME' written all over it!

I took it home, sanded it down to the bare wood and treated the poor thing for its infestation of woodworm. A week after its beauty treatment, I painted the chair gold, applied crackle glaze and painted it magnolia.
I then made a new seat for the chair and and re-upholstered it with my painting of a rose. I loved this project, I put my heart and soul into it, and was so pleased with the outcome.





1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! I can't believe you made that! Thats so amazing. It must have taken you ages!

    ReplyDelete