I have created this blog as an online promotion for a 'digital design' module I have. I study textile design at the University of Leeds. I am going to use this blog to collect photography, art, music and generally anything i find inspiring.
Take a look around and see what you think... and please let me know...

Thursday 3 December 2009

You trendy thing...

My 'textiles girls' and I were invited to the Bradford textile competition conference a few weeks ago... what an experience!

The day started off as an early morning road trip from University with my friends off my course, which then lead to us getting lost, stressed and insulted by the locals. The talk itself seemed rather irrelevant to us as we had already entered the competition last year but we gained a great insight into the anticipated trends of 2011!

The one which caught my eye was...

Floreal- A sort of 'rock and rose' theme, dream for the hopeless romantic, think running through fields of gold into the arms of that rogue. Plenty of loose, barely there fabrics in muted shades mixed with the deep and meaningful colours, deep pink and dark green.






This theme then morphs into 'meandering' a theme based on dreams and travelling, but in a 'head in the clouds way' rather than actually going anywhere, colours including bronze, deep orange and deep grey/ black.
This is a theme i really like the sound of, the sort of dreamy, floaty fabrics and nude colours... I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment